We seek to offer something for everyone in the Gorgie Dalry area. Current weekly activities include:
2 groups providing support to those with addiction issues. Details available upon request via Contact Us page.
Braes Music (piano and chanter lessons). Monday
Club Belly Dancing. Wednesday
Councillor’s Surgery. Donald Wilson 2nd Monday of the month
Caring Soles. Nail cutting and food advice for Seniors. Tuesday –
- Caring Soles is a low cost personal footcare service delivered by trained volunteers in partnership with NHS Lothian Podiatry, who cut & file toenails for people who would otherwise struggle to do so. Good personal footcare plays an important role in maintaining active living and helps to reduce social isolation by delivering the footcare in a community centre setting. To book or volunteer call the Lisa Jennings, Caring Soles’ Personal Footcare Service Co-Ordinator on 0131 447 4520
Elite dancing tuition for school children. Saturday
English Tuition for Polish Children. Saturday
Good Morning Gorgie. Activity for over 55’s finishing with lunch. Tuesday
Inspire Crafts. Creative activity for people with physical or learning disability. Tuesday and Friday
- InSpire Crafts Edinburgh,
Runs fun, inspiring & relaxed craft workshops for adults with learning disabilities £5 per hour session.
Bex can also be booked for running fun craft workshops for any groups age 6+. Call Bex 07824330031or see InSpire Crafts Edinburgh Facebook page.
Judo for primary school kids. Tuesday
Tanoshii Judo : 4pm to 5pm Tuesdays. All ages 4 +
Come and try a fun and exciting sport aimed at improving physical literacy, endurance, flexibility, confidence and discipline.
All of our sessions are FUN and are designed to leave you wanting to learn more! Head Coach (Jack)
Li Shi (a form of Tai Chi) Tuesday
Lau Gar Scotland (Martial Arts) Monday
St Martins Annual Art Exhibition. 1 week at the end of August
- We started our art show in 2004, to showcase the wide range of artistic talent, of all ages, of those who live, work or worship in the local area, and also to offer a little bit of festival magic to our community. During the week, we display and sell paintings, artistic photography, silver work, pottery, woodwork, needlework etc. by local people. For more information contact, Lynn Dailly, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for entries is the end of July.
- St Martin’s Episcopal Church, Sunday. Our weekly service of Celebrating Communion starts at 10.30am. Marty Haugen’s hymn “All are welcome” expresses our mission to be an open and inclusive church family, active in the local community and a offering a space where beliefs and doubts can be explored. See http://stmartinsedinburgh.
org.uk for more detail and a contact email.
Taoist Tai Chi. Wednesday
- The Taoist Tai Chi Society of Great Britain offers classes in Tai Chi and other internal arts of health taught by the Society’s founder, Master Moy Lin Shin. We teach a 108-move Tai Chi set designed to bring mind, body and spirit into balance, providing many health benefits. Our full class and event programme is available on our website www.taoist.org/uk/
Toddler Martians (guardian and toddler group). Monday
- Toddler Martians offers babies and toddlers space and equipment to play while parents and carers can socialise and enjoy refreshments. There is no admission charge. The session is from 10am-11.30am every Monday morning during school terms, including public holidays in term time and mid-term holidays. See http://stmartinsedinburgh.
org.uk/whatdowedo/toddler- martians/ for more details, including a contact email.
Toy Library (Monday)
- The Gorgie-Dalry Toy Library has over 240 high quality toys for babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers available for loan at low cost. It is open, alongside Toddler Martians, from 10am-11.30am every Monday morning during school terms, including public holidays in term time and mid-term holidays. See http://www.gdtoylibrary.
org.uk for catalogue, more details and a contact email.
Please contact us via the Contact page for details on any of these activities. If you would like to know more about the groups themselves or hiring space please email: email@example.com.
The following groups have permanent office accommodation:
Spokes is the Lothian Cycle Campaign – a non party political voluntary organisation, founded in 1977, with a membership of over 1000. SPOKES has a long history of effective campaigning for better conditions for cyclists, especially in Edinburgh and the Lothians. We welcome new members who share our objectives. For more information about Spokes and how to join, please see our website: www.spokes.org.uk
Gorgie Collective – Gorgie Collective is a community arts organisation based in the west of the city of Edinburgh. The group’s mission is: “bringing art to the heart of Gorgie”. The Collective delivers free arts and creative activities for adults including monthly makers workshops. Our studio is located in St Martin’s Community Resource Centre and new members are warmly welcome! For more info please contact Katriona (Chair): firstname.lastname@example.org